Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Second Opinion from City of Hope

I spoke with Dr. T and I will be meeting with Dr. Forman from City of Hope for my second opinion. I do not have an appointment scheduled yet, but once I do, I will post that info. I have heard from so many friends and family that Dr. Forman is the best of the best. I do admit this makes me feel very comfortable.

Today was a challenging day for me. I feel that I am being pulled in so many directions. I feel pressure for not doing enough, or not being proactive enough about doing something right away to save my life. I do not even know the next step at this time. I do not even know where to go from here but I will have answers in one week from Dr. T. This waiting game is hard, but I am pulling through.

I have cancer... I can't even believe that I have cancer. I am sitting here and I am numb. I am scared.

In being positive about my illness, I know that I can not ever, ever forget that I am meant to fight this disease and live a complete life. I will not give up.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, When Shira shared with me recently about what was going on, I was obviously floored. It was the last thing I ever expected to hear from her and I was in utter shock. Can only imagine what you're going through. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that i'm sending a consistent stream of positive energy and fighting power your way while you take this journey. Your amazing attitude and the positivity and hope of those you surround yourself with will undoubtedly carry you through the ups and downs of this road. You're on my mind often. Keep your pores open so that stream of positive energy and fighting power can permeate to your core and help kick those cancer cells to hell! xoxo, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing everything right! Don't spend your energy on doubts about whether you are being proactive enough. It sounds like you have an excellent team of doctors to guide you on your journey. Keep your beautiful, positive attitude. Do I see a book in your future? This blog could be an excellent way for you to journal with the idea of a book down the line.
    Love,
    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete